Sunday, October 26, 2008

Born Throw Away

I haven't had time to post much as I've been working on a few projects that I hope will come to light soon, but I figured I'd try to get to some of the requests that have piled up over the past few months.

For example, when I was still in Nigeria, ambinwoke asked to hear some music from Victor Chukwu... I never did find the particular Victor Chuks & the Black Irokos album that I promised, but I did manage to pick up a somewhat raggeed copy his LP Akalaka.

(Not sure what year this is from... Judging by the attire worn by the musicians on the cover and the fact that the record has the old pink and orange Tabansi label, I'm guessing 1977-ish.)

Victor Chukwu - "Born Throw Away"
Victor Chukwu - "Ogbu Mmadu"



Feel free to hit me up with more requests, folks... I'll try to fill as many of them as I can!

7 comments:

calumbinho said...

Wonderful stuff !

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Do you have anything by The Apostles of Aba or The Strangers.

Comb & Razor said...

yep... i do have the Apostles of Aba (coincidentally. calumbinho also requested the Apostles!) and i guess we'll be having some of that soon.

i don't have much by The Strangers, but you can find a nice track from them here (if you don't have this one already).

Anonymous said...

hi! you are doing a very good job here; i found many afro soul gemms and i wanna thank you for the knowledge you share...anyway i want to know if it's possible to reupload the entire joni hasstrup lp,i've sent you a mail about this (as you said me to do in the comments) but i had no answer.
hope you will be able to post it again or to send the new link.
thanks in advance

Comb & Razor said...

hey xensma -

yeah, i remember you asking for that LP... sorry i never got back to you, i think i had a lot of stuff going on at the time.

i'll try to get that to you soon... if you don't mind, please send me another email right now so i don't have to search for your address, okay?

Ambi nwokeabia said...

You are too much Men. I owe you one.
I am loving you more than you know.

Thank you so Much.

Comb & Razor said...

Ha... You're a bit late to the party, but I'm glad you're happy!