Friday, June 23, 2006

Escape from Lagos

Seriously, that should be the next movie we work on because we've been here for a week and we keep trying to get out of this city, but it won't let us go.

As you might have heard, Lagos is an outrageously crowded and congested city, so it can take all day trying to get from point A to point B. I kinda feel like most of the days that we've spent here have been wasted, production-wise because it takes so long to get anything done. And really, we came here to take care of just 3 things 1) check up on the place we're renting the lights and stuff from 2) sign contracts with 2 of our leads 3) ummmm.... something else I can't remember, but I'm sure we've already done it

Oh yeah, we also had to help Koko move house. That was exhausting, but now we're in the new crib that has these incredible candy-coloured walls, I wish we would shoot there because they look so cool!

We were supposed to have left on... Wednesday, but everytime we're about to get to the airport, some new crisis pops up and drags us back into the bowels of Lagos. Today, the tragedy we managed to avert was the defection of our star who was being courted for other jobs and needed to be reassured that we weren't gonna leave him hanging. We missed our flight again tonight, so we decided to just come chill out in the mall and get online real quick.

I don't have too much to say at the moment (actually, I have much too much to say but I don't even know where to start right now!) so I'll just post up a random photo essay.

....

Um... On second thought, I'll post the pics later 'cause this network is acting all slow-like right now and your boy is coming dangerously close to flat broke.

No comments: