Monday, May 01, 2006

I do work

Image Hosted by Free image hosting

mp3 of the day: Wale Oyejide - Work (Instrumental)

I know I said just yesterday that I was not gonna make soundtrack songs the theme of the mp3 of the day, but goddamit I just have to post this song because it kinda encapsulates the way I feel today. I had a positive, motivating conference with my two partners and it looks like we've really got a chemistry going. Bongo and Koko have never actually met and I had some minor concerns about how well they'd get along, but they're both pretty affable, incredibly laidback dudes so there was an instant rapport. Meanwhile, the pressures of getting this film going have wreaked havoc on me and Koko's relationship over the past couple of months and for a while I was certain that we would not come out of this experience as friends. But today, it was just like the days of auld when we hung out in the corridors in high school, planning to record the first African rap record as we peered at the posteriors of passing pretties.

In addition, by all accounts the 30 Days premiere seems to have gone pretty well, I read 20 pages of dictionary today, and my mustache is actually showing signs of growth! (Now let's see if I can get some chest hair going... I'm about to be the black Tom Selleck in this bitch!) God is in his heaven and all is well with the world.

Oh yeah... Back to the mp3 of the day. This is one track I'm almost certain that I'm gonna use on the soundtrack. Wale is an artist I've admired for a long time. In fact, when I heard the unashamedly emotional, abstract hip-hop instrumentals on his first album Walls Don't Exist (released under the moniker Science Fiction), the very first thought that came to my mind was "This dude has got to score my first feature!"

I still want Wale to score the film but I know he's a busy man... I'll be grateful with any nuggets he sees fit to bless me with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the black Tom Sellek? Well in that case

**gets out her black book and puts Uchenna on reserve lover list*

Comb & Razor said...

the ladies can never resist a good 'stache.

this fact has been known from time immemorial.