Monday, May 22, 2006
Tell me why!
Actually, I haven't really got anything against Mondays... except for maybe the sense of not having accomplished enough over the weekend that I invariably feel on Monday morning. Right now, at 9 in the a.m., I'm already beating myself up for the following shortcomings:
1. didn't complete the script revisions demanded by the producers
2. was unsuccessful in obtaining all the components needed to build rigs
3. failed to finalize arrangements to cargo ship equipment to Lagos before my departure
4. couldn't purchase suitable microphone and mixer, despite several hours spent on eBay
5. didn't even get around to transcribing the interview with Justin Warfield of She Wants Revenge that I should have submitted to Verbicide magazine like a week ago
There's probably some other stuff that I haven't even thought of yet, but hey... I have all Monday to kick myself, so there's no hurry! Besides, I guess I did manage to get a few things done over the weekend:
1. acquired a bunch of essential wardrobe items and props
2. assembled a low-budget lighting kit using materials purchased at Home Depot for under $60
3. celebrated my bud Enyi's birthday
4. found some good deals on wide angle lenses
...so I guess it wasn't completely a waste. There's much, much more stuff to do today, though.
Oh yeah, I would also like to thank all the folks who have emailed, IMed and called me or left comments on this page expressing their support and best wishes for this whole TOO MUCH BEAUTIFUL WOMAN thing (been a while since I even uttered those words on this blog, huh? I need to establish a quota... resolve to repeat the title at least 15 times per blog entry or something); I truly do not have the words to tell you how much it means to me. I only pray I don't let all of you down, y'know?
Posted by Comb & Razor at 5/22/2006 07:42:00 AM