Monday, May 22, 2006

Tell me why!



Actually, I haven't really got anything against Mondays... except for maybe the sense of not having accomplished enough over the weekend that I invariably feel on Monday morning. Right now, at 9 in the a.m., I'm already beating myself up for the following shortcomings:

1. didn't complete the script revisions demanded by the producers
2. was unsuccessful in obtaining all the components needed to build rigs
3. failed to finalize arrangements to cargo ship equipment to Lagos before my departure
4. couldn't purchase suitable microphone and mixer, despite several hours spent on eBay
5. didn't even get around to transcribing the interview with Justin Warfield of She Wants Revenge that I should have submitted to Verbicide magazine like a week ago

There's probably some other stuff that I haven't even thought of yet, but hey... I have all Monday to kick myself, so there's no hurry! Besides, I guess I did manage to get a few things done over the weekend:

1. acquired a bunch of essential wardrobe items and props
2. assembled a low-budget lighting kit using materials purchased at Home Depot for under $60
3. celebrated my bud Enyi's birthday
4. found some good deals on wide angle lenses

...so I guess it wasn't completely a waste. There's much, much more stuff to do today, though.

Oh yeah, I would also like to thank all the folks who have emailed, IMed and called me or left comments on this page expressing their support and best wishes for this whole TOO MUCH BEAUTIFUL WOMAN thing (been a while since I even uttered those words on this blog, huh? I need to establish a quota... resolve to repeat the title at least 15 times per blog entry or something); I truly do not have the words to tell you how much it means to me. I only pray I don't let all of you down, y'know?

3 comments:

lauren alyse belle said...

& youre boxes are in the mail.
took me a while but cp time affects all areas of my life, especially post office visits.

Comb & Razor said...

don't worry... i ALWAYS factor in CP time when i'm dealing with "you people"

lauren alyse belle said...

oh no, not another punctual nigerian who thinks his ethics are better than ours. it's the last thing the world needs!


remember my post about embarrassing mispronunciations? well.. i realized I have a little trouble saying AND spelling massachusettes without practicing. Like, it helps to utter it before I say it outright. I felt like an herb at the post office. Also, excuse the scribling all over the boxes..the line was long.