Thursday, May 29, 2008

This Song Been In My Mind All Week: Shola Allyson-Obaniyi - "Eji Owuro"

Well, more like 24 hours, really.

I just got hip to her yesterday and I have since been unable to stop thinking about this song:


I really like her voice and the melody... She sounds kinda like she's influenced by my girl Yinkas Davies. The tinny, rinky-dink production pretty much cheapens the whole deal, though.

Can someone tell me more about this Shola Allyson-Obaniyi chick?

(Today's Sonny Okosun post is coming later... Kinda swamped today I am.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shola's voice can make you teary...heavenly!
Of course a much softer softer version of Yinka Davies...different moods they both convey...

I hope I would be opportuned to meet this lady with beautiful voice some day...

Her voice dexterity is vast...I have 3 of her CD's ...
Good singer