Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Otarus again.

As I've said before, I love it when readers chip in around here. Our friend Melvyn was kind enough to share with us the very much in-demand sophomore album from the Otarus Brothers Band! And it sounds great!

So if you dig it, drop a comment and say thanks to Melvyn!

OTARUS - OTARUS (EMI RECORDS, NEMI(LP) 0014, c. 1973)

SIDE 1
1. Eminerume
2. Okuanibo
3. Emanuregbe
4. Ihagbene Iteyowa
5. Agbonita
6. Aigbomo Nomo

SIDE 2
1. Omohupa
2. Afemai Nasoma
3. Pack & Go
4. Amuwa
5. Adenomo

DOWNLOAD ZIP

12 comments:

Ryan said...

Thank you and Melvyn! Awesome stuff!

icastico said...

Thanks to you both...

As another example of great sharing, nauma from Freedomblues left this in my comments box...

http://www.wnyc.org/stream/ram?file=/newsounds/newsounds082207.mp3

here you can hear,live in the studio our hero Francis Bebey,its really great....

symbolkid said...

big thanks Melvin. and to you too - a lot of wonderful stuff lately.

Comb & Razor said...

glad you're digging it, symbolkid!

and icastico, thanks for the link... this is nice stuff!

tubeworms said...

Thanks heaps both of you, love that Otarus sound! I like the burst of activity here lately!

Comb & Razor said...

Yeah... I've been trying to be more consistent with the posting Here's hoping I can keep it up!

Anonymous said...

great record !!! many thanks

zim said...

just want to add my thanks for both of you, the Otarus LPs are fantastic.

Drifter_ras said...

Thanks guy grat stuff ! i just recorded some good records to mp3... i will send you links

Comb & Razor said...

I'm sure we'd all appreciate that Drifter_ras... Hit me up!

mingus said...

Hats off to you! this is lovely!

Anonymous said...

I really want to thank-you for these gems...this is some seriously soulful shit and its a top notch post, its not easy for a Canuck to get his hands on all these Nigerian nuggets....please more like this one, crazy amazing.

Million Thanks from Toronto!!!