Wednesday, May 03, 2006

And now for something completely different...

Showcasing the work of Lanre Lawal






This is the second day in a row that I slack off on generating any kind of meaningful content here. *sigh* What can I say? I got to take care of some other business tonight. Hopefully I'll be able to report on it all later.

Anyway, Lanre Lawal is an award-winning Nigerian graphic designer whose work I really admire. He's also a comic creator and enthusiast. If I had known there were people like him in Nigeria when I was growing up, I might not have left. I really hope I get the chance to work with him during my trip.

By now, Bongo has started his journey to Lagos. Godspeed him. Here's a song I know he'd like:

mp3 of the day: Alemayehu Eshete - Tey Gedyeleshem

12 comments:

KangolLove said...

I like that Milestones album cover with the jeep. Cool lounge vibe.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you two. I wish both of you much successings and if you haven't yet, GET THEE TO THE RIVER ASK FOR HER BLESSINGS!

Comb & Razor said...

i'm still looking for a river, akili! (would a bathtub do?)

i think Denis was supposed to do it before he left, though. in any case, we're gonna do it again a month from now anyway.

Comb & Razor said...

and oh yeah... funny you should comment here, Kangol. i was actually gonna mention you in this entry because the reason i even found out about Lanre Lawal was because YOU hipped me to the Lagos Comic Convention, which he was involved with.

co-inky-dink!

lauren alyse belle said...

I could have sworn I responded to this yesterday, but I suppose it's worth repeating.
I said something like, "you know him well, i went to download this & realized i'd already had it. of course he sent it"

haha

Comb & Razor said...

od course, my dear... of course.

Comb & Razor said...

actually, though, i got some Ethiopiques stuff that i'm willing to bet you haven't heard. i'll hook you up this weekend.

lauren alyse belle said...

merci beaucoup!

KangolLove said...

Full Circle

fjhr said...

Yo, that song you posted is the shit. Had it on repeat all day. Is there other stuff like that on those ethiopiques compilations?

Comb & Razor said...

fjhr--

yup... there's lots of great stuff on those Ethiopiques compilations. that particular song is by Alemayehu Eshete, and he has a compilation dedicated all to him (i think it's Volume 9... or 10). definitely check it out!

fjhr said...

Thanks for the info. I'm gonna go on a hunt for that today.